Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Four Months







Size: This months stats: 15 lbs. 13 oz. (80%), 25 inches (80%), 42 cm head circumference (85%). Clara is healthy and growing well! She is still wearing some 3-6 month clothes, mostly 6 month clothes, and some 6-9 month clothes. She's still wearing size 2 diapers, although I feel like we'll be in size 3 soon.


Eating: We've had a few struggles with Clara's eating this month. Clara has wanted to eat more than I can pump while I'm at work. We had a pretty decent supply of milk in the freezer, but it's basically gone. By the end of this month I've had trouble even pumping enough for two 5.5 oz meals, let alone any extra. Clara eats three times when I get home from work, probably to make up for the food she isn't getting during the day. The pediatrician said it's more about the amount of food she gets in a 24 hour period, rather than how often she eats. She's going about 10 hours between feedings at night, and since she's in the 80th percentile I really shouldn't be worried too much about her getting enough food. It's just hard when your baby gets hungry, but there's only so much you can do when you're at work and have to pump. We might have to start supplementing with formula while I'm at work if I can't get my supply up.

Sleeping: Clara is still sleeping really well! For bedtime, she usually sleeps from 8:30-9 p.m. to around 6 a.m. The last few weeks of this month she's started waking up in the middle of the night, but all she needs is her binky put back in her mouth and she'll go right back to sleep. Sometimes it takes a few tries, but she gets there eventually, and we've only had to pick her up once or twice. She's become really great at self-soothing. Her sleeping position preference has changed (finally) from laying on my chest to laying in my arms. It's much more comfortable for me since she's getting so long. I'll rock her and sing Angel Lullaby and then she's usually drowsy enough for me to lay her in her crib. She likes to put herself the rest of the way to sleep in her crib. Clara takes her longest nap in the morning after she eats at 6. She's been napping really poorly for the babysitter in the afternoons. She's been a little stubborn about falling asleep and staying asleep. I used to feed her when I picked her up from the babysitters at 4, but she is so tired by the time I get there she just screams at me. So instead I've been packing her up, letting her cry herself to sleep in the car, and then once we get home she wakes up and is happy enough to let me feed her.

Schedule: 
6:00: Clara wakes up to nurse, or I make her wake up. Occasionally it's a little earlier 6, and on the weekends she can go longer sometimes. After she eats I give her to Alex and she hangs out in the bouncer next to him while he gets me breakfast and gets my lunch ready for work.
7:00-10:00: Morning nap
10:00: Clara wakes up and does tummy time while Alex gets her bottle ready. She eats and then plays/reads stories, etc.
10:30-11:30: Second morning nap OR plays OR sits in the bouncer while dad cooks dinner/gets ready for the day
11:45: Leave for the babysitters house

Clara's schedule varies while she's at the babysitters, but we've really been trying to get her to eat at 1:00 so she doesn't feel like she needs to eat again until I come get her. Clara's nap schedule has been really inconsistent at the babysitters. Our babysitter is such a trooper and does her best to get two babies on different schedules to sleep, but it's a struggle since they distract each other and wake each other up. She's been taking the babies to the park a lot since it's finally not 100 degrees outside, and they both really like that, which helps the babysitter a lot too.

4:00: Pick Clara up from the babysitter and drive home.
4:30: Feed Clara
5-6/6:30: Takes a nap or plays on her mat or in her bouncer
6:00/6:30: Nurses
6:30: We usually go on a walk to get the mail, and walk around the neighborhood. Clara really likes being outside so I make sure she gets some time everyday.
7:00: Clara and I will play until she gets hungry. Sometimes she gets fussy. I usually can't put her down during this time. She just likes to be held.
7:30: Nurse, bath, pajamas, story time, family scriptures and family prayer.
8:30/9:00: Bedtime

Milestones: 
-Clara laughed for the first time on September 21st (it was after a rough night of Clara not wanting to go to sleep.)
-Became interested in toys
-Started to self-sooth at bedtime and nap time
-Rolled front to back on October 5th

Favorites: 
-Sucking her bottom lip
-Watching mom get ready-she especially loves the blow dryer
-Sticking her tongue out and curling it up to her top lip
-Sticking her legs straight out and crossing her ankles
-Grunting and talking

Dislikes: 
-Still dislikes having her arms dressed
-Having ointment put on her rash in her neck creases

Things to Remember:
-Clara was really colicky at the beginning of the month. She would scream for hours or take hours to get to sleep at night.
-Clara is always trying to sit up: when she's in her car seat, in the stroller, in the bath, or on your lap. She doesn't like to be lying down.
-Her hair is really starting to lighten and more of it is growing in
-Clara has been very vocal and communicative this month

No comments:

Post a Comment