Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Independence Day 2016

Our 4th of July was very relaxed and laid back. It has to be when your baby is only two weeks old!

Part of me was pretty disappointed, because this was the third year in a row that our 4th of July hadn't felt very patriotic to me. But Alex and my mom did their best to make it a fun and memorable day. In the end I'm pretty impressed with all we did do, and how we ended up doing what we normally do, just with a few modifications.

One of my favorite activities of the day was getting Clara dressed up in her little red dress and taking pictures. She looked so cute and was being very sweet that day.

My mom and Alex made a delicious 4th of July barbecue complete with burgers, salad, and grilled vegetables. We rented a movie, and then later that evening we drove downtown to look at the fireworks over the lake. We didn't get out of the car, but found the perfect place to park the car in Zilker Park to watch the fireworks. They even had the music playing on the radio. Clara slept through the whole thing.

It was a great day!














No comments:

Post a Comment