Sunday, June 5, 2016

36 Weeks


How far along? 36 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a papaya. 

Total weight gain/loss: I should set the scale out the night before so I can actually remember this time.

Maternity clothes: Always! And some of them are getting a little snug.

Sleep: I've had some pretty bad nights of sleep this week. My legs have been really restless and I have trouble falling asleep every night. Of course I'm always exhausted the next day. I try so hard not to take a nap so I'll be tired enough to fall asleep at night, but tiredness always wins and I end up taking a nap during the day. The weekends make napping not as bad since I can nap earlier in the afternoon. 

Best moment this week: We had our 36 week ultrasound this week. I had a little chat with baby on the way to the doctor about cooperating with pictures. She listened and we got some awesome 4D images of baby! It was so fun to see her moving around.  After seeing her cute face I'm extra impatient to meet her. Baby is in the right position and doing a great job practicing her breathing. They measured her head at 39 weeks and estimate she weighs around 7 lbs. 11 oz. The numbers are a little scary to me. I'm hoping that when I meet with my doctor next week she'll tell me that they won't let me go past my due date. I'm determined to have this baby in June! They'll also check me every appointment now, and I'm currently dilated to a 1. 

My second best moment this week is the school year is OVER and I don't have to go back to work until August! I'm very excited to have some time to myself before baby comes. I also found out my school assignments for next year and I'm very happy with them. I will be at two schools instead of three, and I was given great campuses. My leads were very considerate when making my assignment. 

Movement: Baby girl is quite the mover. This time at our ultrasound appointment when we saw her move on the monitor I was able to feel it too. It was such a neat experience. I also learned that the discomfort I've been feeling from what I assumed was baby is actually a fibroid. I knew I had it from an earlier ultrasound but it has grown larger and can be felt from the outside. It's quite uncomfortable and now that I know it's not baby I'm a little more annoyed by it. 

Food cravings: Hearty foods-like steak and potatoes or a nice big Sunday dinner

Food Aversions: Muffins

Gender: Girl! 

Pregnancy Symptoms: I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks this week. I can usually tell when I'm having one by my sudden urge to use the restroom. As soon as the contraction stops the urge disappears. My heartburn has been a little more aggressive again this week. My swelling is still pretty intense but I can prevent it from being awful if I avoid salt. I'm also in nesting mode which is perfect now that I'm done with work. I have a lot of projects I want to get done before baby decides to come. I'm just worried now about having time to do everything!

What I miss: Sleeping normally

What I am looking forward to: No work and getting to focus on all of my projects!

Upcoming appointments/events: My 37 week appointment is June 10th. 

Milestones: I made it to the last month of pregnancy!

Miscellaneous: We had a tri-stake conference this Sunday to organize a new stake in the Austin area and to re-organize boundaries and wards. We knew there would be changes to our ward, but we weren't really prepared for the large number of people we'd lose. We lost all of Manor and Elgin to the Elgin Branch, and we lost a some of the west side of our ward to another. Our ward is so small now and we're really going to miss the families that were moved into a new ward or branch. It was exciting to hear about the growth of the church in our area though. This is the 6th stake now in the Austin area. 20 years ago there was only 1. It's exciting to see the church grow in this part of Texas that we love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment