Sunday, April 17, 2016

29 Weeks


How far along? 29 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a small cabbage. 

Total weight gain/loss: I've been to the doctor so many times in the last week but I haven't really been paying attention! Plus pregnancy brain and 9:00 am church make remembering to weigh myself difficult.

Maternity clothes: Yes, and I'm getting nervous that I'll be growing out of some shirts soon!

Sleep: Sleep has been much better this week. I also haven't had to get up to use the restroom as much which is so nice!

Best moment this week: Probably all the kicks and movements from baby. I've really been enjoying getting to know her. I'm trying really hard right now to get a feel for what she wants to be named. We have a list, but I'm thinking we'll just have to wait until she's born to find out which name is best.

Movement: All the time. I actually had an evening of paranoia because she wasn't moving as much as she usually does during that time.  I did the cold water and laying on your side trick, and I felt some movements, but just not as many as I'm used to. I got to hear her heartbeat the next day and her movements went back to normal, so thankfully the paranoia has subsided. I found this week that it's really easy to get worked up/be irrational with all these hormones.

Food cravings: Dairy

Food Aversions: Nothing really this week.

Gender: Girl! 

Pregnancy Symptoms: WARNING! Potential TMI. Read at your own risk. The swelling has been extra bad a few times this week. No more salty popcorn for me, I guess. I went to the doctor at the beginning of the week as a follow up to our hospital stay. Everything checked out except that I had extra protein in my urine, which made them concerned about my blood pressure. They double checked that it was in the normal range and asked me 20 questions about the symptoms of high blood pressure. I wasn't experiencing any, but they sent me to get lab work anyway. My poor vein-it doesn't like getting poked multiple time per week. I went back to the doctor at the end of the week and my protein levels were back to normal. I went in to the doctor because I woke up with a rash on "the girls" one morning and it was pretty itchy/painful. Apparently it's a yeast infection so they prescribed me a creme to clear it up. After talking to my mom about it I found out that I was what she termed a "yeasty baby" and had problems with it as an infant as well. I guess my body likes to over produce yeast-lucky me! 

What I miss: I feel like I'm going to the doctor all. the. time. I've loved going to every doctor appointment until now-I'm a little over it but the frequency is only going to keep picking up!

What I am looking forward to: My Utah baby shower and seeing family and friends!

Upcoming appointments/events: I have another doctor appointment (every two weeks now) and a baby shower!

Milestones: Laundry has been a big struggle for me since being pregnant, and this week I managed to do all the loads I wanted on the day I wanted. Silly, but a big deal to me.

Miscellaneous: Update on the car: the insurance needed to send an adjuster to the body shop before it was torn into to give an estimate on the repairs. The insurance company told us the adjuster would come sometime Monday-Friday. Of course he didn't come until 4:30 on Friday, so the body shop won't be able to get in and look at the damage until this next week. Once they can get a look at what actually needs to be fixed, we have to wait for the adjuster to come back again before they can start working on it. Basically we're never getting our car back. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment