Sunday, March 20, 2016

25 Weeks


How far along? 25 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a rutabaga. 

Total weight gain/loss: 26 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Always! It's been so nice having clothes to wear that don't make me overheat and sweat all the time!

Sleep: Sleep has been so-so this week. We were out of town in Louisiana and sleeping in lots of different beds. The bed at the air bnb we stayed at was comfortable, but it had those microfiber sheets (which I really don't like) and I spent a lot of my nights there trying to re-adjust the sheets. Another hotel we stayed at had comfortable sheets and a decent bed, but they wouldn't let you turn the fan lower than 69 and I was dying of heat all night. Our own bed is pretty uncomfortable-I got that bed when I was 8 and it needed to be replaced a loooong time ago. This weekend we finally bought a new mattress. It should arrive next week and we're so excited! (Except sad at the same time. I'm having a hard time letting go of that mattress...)

Best moment this week: 1. Spring break, so NO WORK 2. Vacation 3. My Birthday!! It was a pretty great week.

Movement: Lots of movement from little miss! I can definitely feel her a lot, especially when she's kicking my bladder.

Food cravings: I felt pretty neutral this week.

Food Aversions: We ate Cajun food in New Orleans, because obviously you have to! But after one meal of it I wanted nothing more to do with it, which was super odd because I really liked it! 

Gender: Girl!

Pregnancy Symptoms: The swelling has been pretty bad. I've been doing a little better while on vacation though, for obvious reasons. I also read that if you flex your feet and move them around a bunch that helps with the swelling. While we were driving for hours in the car I was moving them all over the place and it really helped on our long walking days in the city.

What I miss: Walking without pain.

What I am looking forward to: Easter!

Upcoming appointments/events: My next appointment is April 6th.

Milestones: 25 Weeks on my 27th Birthday-I thought that was pretty fun.

Miscellaneous: We went to New Orleans this week while I was on my Spring Break. The crowd New Orleans draws is not the crowd that we usually surround ourselves with. I stuck out a lot as one of the few pregnant ladies in the city. (I think I saw one other.) But we had fun trying the food, exploring the French Quarter, cruising the Mississippi while listening to Jazz music, and touring the bayous. It was an awesome trip! (For future reference though, don't go while pregnant because New Orleans smells.)

No comments:

Post a Comment