Sunday, February 28, 2016

22 Weeks


How far along? 22 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of corn on the cob. 

Total weight gain/loss: I was sick this weekend and didn't weigh myself again.

Maternity clothes: I still haven't really had time. I've started to look online a little. We need to stop being so busy so I can have time to shop.

Sleep: Sleep was really crappy all week for me. It was a lot harder to figure out the body pillow system than I thought it would be. By the weekend I was completely exhausted so I slept much better the last few nights, and I think the body pillow situation is getting better.

Best moment this week: Announcing the gender! We can freely use pronouns and talk openly about the baby. It's been really great.

Movement: I can definitely feel the baby now! The first few times I felt movement it kind of felt like gas. I know people say it feels like flutters, but that is not how I would describe it. It's starting to feel like someone rolling around inside me now. I definitely feel more movement when I'm on my back. Saturday while I was at a baby shower I felt three distinct taps-it was so cool! So far the movement is only felt internally-I haven't been able to feel anything from the outside yet.

Food cravings: Fruits and vegetables!

Food Aversions: Avocados

Gender: GIRL!!! We're super excited and I can't wait to create a nursery and shop for little girl things.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still swollen. I had some morning nausea this week. Thursday it lasted most of the day, until I came home and ate A LOT of food, and I finally felt better. I think I was just extra hungry that day. 

What I miss: Wearing my wedding ring. I think I could probably wear it most of the time, but there are days where I get extra swollen in my fingers and it happens without warning. I really don't want a re-peat of the ring removal catastrophe from the other week, so I'm choosing not to wear it very often. I need to go buy a Walmart ring though so I can have something to wear.

What I am looking forward to: We have family coming to town this weekend! We're very excited!

Upcoming appointments/events: My next appointment is March 9th!

Milestones: Camping while pregnant! I was sad that I'd miss camping season this year, and then realized that I'm not super big yet and we had a small window of opportunity to go camping, so we went! And I survived! I did go to the bathroom 4 times in the middle of the night, but overall the weekend was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment