Sunday, February 21, 2016

21 Weeks


How far along? 21 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a banana. 

Total weight gain/loss: 18 lbs

Maternity clothes: I was super exhausted this week and never found the time. Although I did go to a local consignment boutique and bought  a few things for baby. I guess it's more fun to shop for the baby than it is for me.

Sleep: I had a few nights of less than perfect sleep this week. My stomach is starting to feel extra big. I decided to try out my body pillow while Alex was camping with the scouts this weekend and I liked it a lot. We're still trying to figure out the whole sleeping with a body pillow and sharing a queen sized bed thing though, but Alex is super patient and sweet about it. He just wants me to be comfortable and happy and I love him for it.

Best moment this week: I've been working on building my baby registry this week. I also bought a few things for the baby. It's been really wonderful to know the gender and feel like I'm getting to know our little one better.

Movement: I can definitely feel when baby is hanging out down low. It's the favorite spot! Alex has even been able to feel that baby's hanging out down there and that's lots of fun.

Food cravings: Still sweet things.

Food Aversions: Avocados-which I totally love when I'm not pregnant.

Gender: Our gender reveal plan has not been working out! The package we ordered came late and we were busy every night the rest of the week. The reveal is an outside thing, and it's supposed to rain the next few days... I'm hoping we'll get to do it this week-fingers crossed.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still really swollen all over, and I'm too nervous to try putting my wedding ring back on. I've also had a ligament pain in my upper left leg that's been causing some irritation. 

What I miss: Wearing my wedding ring. It's really hard emotionally not being able to wear it.

What I am looking forward to: Announcing the gender?! (Hopefully)

Upcoming appointments/events: The gender reveal!

Milestones: Buying my first things for the baby.

2 comments:

  1. You've popped!! So cute. I bought myself a cubic zirconia wedding ring at Walmart. Just made me feel more comfortable. I feel naked without mine... Can't wait to find out the gender!!! Tell us already...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've popped!! So cute. I bought myself a cubic zirconia wedding ring at Walmart. Just made me feel more comfortable. I feel naked without mine... Can't wait to find out the gender!!! Tell us already...;)

    ReplyDelete