Sunday, February 14, 2016

20 Weeks


How far along? 20 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a mango. 

Total weight gain/loss: 9:00 church is apparently really hard for me. I've been completely forgetting until I fill this out every week.

Maternity clothes: I went shopping this week. I stopped by Old Navy on my way home from work one day, but they hardly had anything, and nothing I was interested in trying on. We also made a trip to the outlets this weekend. We found one store, but it ended up being the outlet for Motherhood Maternity, which is the only place I've really shopped or found clothes. I was specifically looking for dresses/skirts, but didn't find anything I liked. I did get a couple of shirts though so the trip wasn't without some success. 

Sleep: I'm still sleeping really well, which I'm very grateful for.

Best moment this week: Seeing our baby and finding out the gender! Our baby is quite the mover. The ultrasound tech had a hard time getting good pictures because the baby was moving around so much. We did get to see just how cute our baby is. One of the first things we saw was baby sticking their tongue out. I loved seeing the cute nose and lips too! Baby also likes to keep their hands up by its face. Despite all the movement, baby was down pretty low and sitting Indian style, which prevented us from seeing the gender. This is exactly what happened with me, and my parents didn't find out the gender at that ultrasound. I was so worried this was going to happen with this little one. The ultrasound tech kept pushing on baby, trying to get good shots of the bladder, and eventually baby cooperated and we got a clear shot of the gender. It was such a neat experience to get to hang out with our baby. It was also wonderful to see that everything looks perfect and is working exactly as it should. The ultrasound tech mentioned it had been a sad day for her, and it was nice to see a normal, healthy baby. Baby had a heartbeat of 148 bpm, and weighs about 13 oz. 

Movement: We found out at the ultrasound that I have an anterior placenta, which apparently can make it harder to feel the early baby movements. We did see baby moving all over the place and I have no idea how I couldn't feel it. At one point we saw baby doing a fully extended kick over and over and over again. It was so fun to see!

Food cravings: Anything sweet-I've been loving fruit!

Food Aversions: Nothing this week.

Gender: We found out the gender, but are keeping it a secret for another week!

Pregnancy Symptoms: I've still been pretty swollen in my ankles. I haven't even attempted to put my ring on again, and I'm pretty sad about it.

What I miss: Wearing my wedding ring.

What I am looking forward to: Announcing the gender this week!

Upcoming appointments/events: The next big event we have is announcing the gender. I'm excited to freely start using pronouns.

Milestones: Making it to 20 weeks and being halfway through my pregnancy!

Miscellaneous: This week was busy for us. We bought a new car, found out the gender of our baby, and celebrated Valentine's day!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I had an anterior placenta too. Can't wait to hear the gender! I'm going to guess boy based on the heart rate :)

    ReplyDelete