Sunday, February 7, 2016

19 Weeks

How far along? 19 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a zucchini. 

Total weight gain/loss: This weekend was extremely busy and I forgot again.

Maternity clothes: I only have a few regular clothes that I can still wear.  I still need to go shopping for more clothes, especially for dresses. I'm running out of things to wear to church.

Sleep: Sleep has actually been pretty good this week. The tape from the chiropractor has helped a lot with the pain I've been having and I've been sleeping quite comfortably. 

Best moment this week: It's nice to be feeling better! It's amazing how much I can do and how much happier I am. I think my side muscle pain is finally starting to heal.

Movement: I'm starting to have my suspicions, but I've only had them two or three times.

Food cravings: Nothing really-maybe salad? I've been enjoying salad a lot this week.

Food Aversions: Not really anything.

Gender prediction: This is the last prediction before we find out the gender! Alex says boy. I think I'm going back to my original prediction and have settled on girl.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I've been really sore since my visit to the chiropractor. Not just in my back, but in my legs especially. They're sore like I've been working out, but... that's not the case. 

What I miss: I know this sounds silly, but lately I've been missing life before I was pregnant. I've especially been wishing I could go back to our summer vacations from this last summer. I've been thinking about how we went to Disney World and canoeing in Arkansas, and realizing I can't do that this summer makes me a little sad. Of course I'm very happy we're having a baby, but I've just been a little sad that we don't really get a summer vacation this year.

What I am looking forward to: Finding out the gender this week!

Upcoming appointments/events: Our next appointment is February 10th!!!

Milestones: This weekend I got 100% caught up on the laundry! I can't even remember the last time I had all the laundry done. It felt so great!

Miscellaneous: This weekend I threw a baby shower for my friend Sarah Bennett. Her mom came in from Arizona and it was a lovely party. We had Icelandic crepes and they were a big hit! I loved watching Sarah open her presents and looking at the cute baby clothes. I can't wait to find out the gender so we can finally start collecting things for our little one. We also bought a new bookshelf and a desk off of craigslist this weekend so we can finish the unpacking process.

Sunday was a little traumatic for me. Saturday night my feet were pretty swollen. I figured it was because I had been on my feet all day. Usually when this happens (it's happened my whole life-poor circulation in my feet) the swelling is gone or has at least gone down by morning. Sunday morning my feet were still pretty swollen. I rushed to get ready for church and put my wedding ring on right before we left. I remember it being a little tight and harder to put on than usual. About a half hour into sacrament meeting my finger was really hurting. I knew I needed to get my ring off, but my finger was swollen and I couldn't just pull it off. This has happened to me often since living in Texas. My ring is always super tight and difficult to get off in the humid summers. I went to the bathroom to get my hands wet, because usually that's all it takes to get the ring off. I tried really hard to get it off but it would NOT budge. I went back in to sacrament meeting and told Alex I needed to get my ring off NOW. We went in to the kitchen and slathered my hand in dish soap. Alex pulled and twisted and little by little moved my ring down my finger. It hurt so bad. I was ugly crying, jumping up and down and trying hard not scream. He finally got it off. My poor finger was bruised and swollen. Hopefully my swelling goes back down so I can continue to wear my wedding ring. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to wear my ring the full length of my pregnancy, especially since the end of my third trimester is in the summer when I typically have problems with it. I wasn't expecting to have problems halfway through though!

No comments:

Post a Comment