Sunday, January 31, 2016

18 Weeks


How far along? 18 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of a sweet potato. 

Total weight gain/loss: 14 lbs. I finally weighed myself! 

Maternity clothes: Mostly all the time, but I need to get more. Most of my clothes are long sleeves and sweaters, and with this wonderfully warm January (it was in the mid-80's this weekend!) I've been wishing I had some more things to wear. 

Sleep: Sleep has been pretty rough this week. I'm still having pain in my right upper side, and I've also been battling pain from a rib that's out in my back. 

Best moment this week: Babysitting for some friends. Alex and I watched a 10 month-old baby this week while her parents went on a date. I was afraid she would scream the whole time, but she was pretty happy and even wanted us to hold her a bunch. It made me feel good that she preferred me over Alex, too. I got to rock her to sleep, and even though it really hurt my ribs, it was a good reminder of what I have to look forward to in 22 weeks. Sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this pregnancy thing. 

Movement: Not that I've been aware of.

Food cravings: Pizza-I think I could have had Pizza every night this last week.

Food Aversions: Chicken avocado enchiladas. Alex made them for us this week, and while I usually love them, I've sort of loathed them all week. I think that dish is just not acceptable to me during pregnancy. 

Gender prediction: We both think boy.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I'm still having the same awful pain in my side. I've decided that it might be my ribs again, so I've been trying to make an appointment with the chiropractor.

What I miss: Having happy ribs.

What I am looking forward to: I'm getting super impatient with finding out the gender. I CAN'T WAIT!

Upcoming appointments/events: Our next appointment is February 10th.

Milestones: Realizing I can be pregnant and have another child. Babysitting for our friends was really eye opening for me. It was really easy to forget about my pregnancy pains when I was looking after another baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment