Sunday, January 3, 2016

14 Weeks


How far along? 14 weeks! We made it to the 2nd trimester!

How big is baby? The size of a lemon.

Total weight gain/loss: Still no scale to weigh myself with.

Maternity clothes: I did wear my first maternity shirt this week. Not because I can't wear my regular clothes, but I ran out of clean clothes on our trip and didn't want to do laundry. :) My mom took me shopping this week and got me a bunch of cute maternity clothes. I might start wearing my maternity pants just because they're super comfortable. 

Sleep: Still not super great. We've been all over the place this trip and in lots of different beds. I'm SO glad I brought my own pillow though. It's definitely helped me sleep more comfortably. 

Best moment this week: Seeing my Grandma Leavitt's reaction to our news. I knew it would be great. Her jaw dropped to the floor. A few of my aunt's were there too and there were some very loud squeals. It was awesome.

Movement: Nope

Food cravings: Potatoes. I've also been craving fruits and vegetables a lot! I still can't eat them most of the time, but when I can, it's heavenly.

Food Aversions: Whatever makes me gag. It changes day to day and hour by hour.

Gender prediction: Alex says boy, I say girl... I think? I might be leaning more toward boy again. I had my first dream related to the baby this week. My dream was very realistic. We went to our 20 week anatomy scan and found out the baby was a boy. In my dream I was super upset and disappointed. I felt like I had to re-do all of my baby preparations. I was really surprised by myself when I woke up. I have no idea why I was so upset in my dream, because in reality I would be happy to have a boy. In fact, there are two very good reasons to have this baby be a boy. But if I'm being 100% honest with myself I think I would slightly prefer a girl first. My family just does girls, and a part of me is a little terrified of raising a boy. Plus, I love all the girly things. I'm using this dream as a wake up call to not get too set on having a girl first, and hopefully if this baby is a boy I'll still be equally excited!

Pregnancy Symptoms: The horrible nausea came back like a beast one day this week. It was easily one of the top 5 worst days of my whole pregnancy. I was super disappointed too, because we missed my cousin's wedding reception thanks to the nausea. And of course the gagging thing is still sticking around. I really want it all to go away so I can enjoy life a little more. I've also finally experienced the pregnancy nose! I think it's a little weird it took so long to show up, and I'm glad it took so long because it's awful. On one of our drives to St. George, Alex opened a box of Wheat Thins and I made him put them away because the smell was affecting me so much. 

What I miss: Eating like a normal person.

What I am looking forward to: Now that it's January I'm looking forward to getting back to Texas, moving into our new house, and starting to get ready for the baby!

Upcoming appointments/events: Our next appointment is January 13th.

Milestones: Making it to the 2nd trimester! 

No comments:

Post a Comment