Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

This year was our first Thanksgiving away from Utah. I thought it would be really hard, but it honestly wasn't and we had a really great time. It helped that we spent Thanksgiving in Houston with my cousin and her family. I grew up spending Thanksgiving with her every other year, and have fond memories of playing "The Walmart Game", may it RIP (thank you Black Friday). The Pettit's invited some friends for dinner, and we had a good group for our meal. One really new thing for me this Thanksgiving was actually making part of Thanksgiving dinner! Alex and I were in charge of the mashed potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, 7-Up salad (a Radmall family favorite), and pumpkin and pecan pie. 

Our Thanksgiving also included playing lots of Kubb. We always teamed up boys against girls, and after a few tries the girls were finally victorious! We were pretty proud of ourselves. 

One of my favorite parts of the day was doing a video chat with the Radmall crew in St. George. My family spent Thanksgiving with Aubrey's family, and it was fun to chat with everyone and pretend we were all together. Technology is so great!





We skipped the shopping on Black Friday and headed for Space Center Houston. We had fun learning more about astronauts and NASA. We took the "Historic Tram Tour" and got to see the control room where all the magic happened in the 60's and 70's! It was pretty neat to be in such a historic room. We also got to to see an actual Saturn V Rocket. That thing is huge, and so cool.





It was a great Thanksgiving and we loved getting to spend time together with family. I learned that Thanksgiving on our own can actually be really fun!

1 comment:

  1. I've been so out of touch from blog world..I am catching up! :) Love your hair!!

    ReplyDelete