Sunday, November 29, 2015

9 Weeks


How far along? 9 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a pecan-perfect for the week of Thanksgiving!

Total weight gain/loss: I refused to weight myself this week because of Thanksgiving and all the Thanksgiving foods. I wanted a guilt-free holiday and not weighing myself was part of that.

Maternity clothes: Not yet, and my clothes are still fitting pretty well, except for my pea coat. I need to get another one before we go to Utah for Christmas.

Sleep: I'm sleeping really well still. Hoping this lasts for a long time.

Best moment this week: Getting to see the baby and the heartbeat! It was such a surreal, but amazing moment. I loved the size of Alex's smile when he saw the baby, and I loved how the ultrasound made this whole pregnancy thing seem real. The baby is measuring on track with my estimated due date of June 30th. The baby also had a strong heartbeat at 164 bpm.

Movement: None yet.

Food cravings: Thanksgiving foods! Rolls, potatoes, and all other carbs have been amazing. Also, I've re-discovered how amazing cereal is. 

Food Aversions: I'm not really having aversions per say, but certain foods are super hard on my gag reflex. And there's no guarantee what foods will trigger it. The foods can change daily or even hourly. It's kind of frustrating.

Gender prediction: Alex says boy, I say girl.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still some nausea, but it's getting better overall, and I think (pray) that it'll be gone in the next few weeks. 

What I miss: Having energy. I felt pretty good over Thanksgiving, but would get exhausted very quickly. It's still frustrating me, but I have to remind myself I'm tired for a good reason.

What I am looking forward to: Hitting the double digits and being 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy.

Upcoming appointments/events: Our next appointment is on December 17th.

Milestones: Seeing the baby for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment