Sunday, November 15, 2015

7 Weeks


How far along? 7 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of a blueberry. That seems so big to me!

Total weight gain/loss: 4 pounds, ugh! I feel like I shouldn't be gaining weight right now. I definitely need to get back to exercising. 

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I had my first pair of pants put a lot of pressure on my waist. I won't be wearing those anymore!

Sleep: I'm still sleeping a lot. If I'm at home, I'm probably sleeping. After I get home from work I have a few hours of daylight and I want to use that time to exercise, but I am so exhausted all my body wants to do is sleep. I guess the baby needs it, and it feels amazing, but I want to be more productive.

Best moment this week: This is hard for me to answer this week. Nothing really out of the ordinary happened. It was kind of one of those survival weeks for me. I was super excited for the weekend, and I'm super sad to see it go.

Movement: None yet.

Food cravings:  My sweet tooth it totally back, and sometimes when I'm feeling really nauseous, carbs and sweets are the only things that sound good. I'm trying hard to curb those cravings though and give my body as many healthy foods as I can, but I have been eating a lot of cereal, bread, and pasta this week.

Food Aversions: No real aversions, but my gag reflex has been more sensitive this week. I typically have a sensitive gag reflex, but it's been much worse this week. Some foods don't taste bad to me, but I can't swallow them. Raw vegetables are difficult to swallow, but cooked are okay. It makes it hard to snack on veggies during the day. I don't have time to run to the microwave every time I need a snack (which is a lot) so I've been eating less healthy this week. It's frustrating!

Gender prediction: Alex says boy, I say girl.

Pregnancy Symptoms: I feel like a beached whale sometimes. I'm so bloated and swollen. My stomach is tender when there's pressure on it. I've still got nausea, but still haven't thrown up yet! It's been worse in the afternoon/evenings for me. I missed mutual this week and the adult session of stake conference. And I just feel exhausted all the time. I know it will pass, so I'm just trying to do what I can and enjoy my days as best I can.

What I miss: Exercise. As mentioned above I just sleep all my free time away. It's been hard too because working has messed up my daily routine, including exercise, so I don't have a time set aside for it. Plus I like to exercise first thing in the morning, but I can't will myself to wake up at 5 am right now. 

What I am looking forward to: Thanksgiving break! I get the whole week off and I am counting down the days. I definitely need some time to myself. 

Upcoming appointments/events: Our first appointment is in 9 days!

Milestones: I told my boss this week. I was afraid it would be a little awkward since he's a man, but we survived it. My boss actually has a newborn baby, so he's super understanding of everything which is very nice.

Miscellaneous info: This weekend we got our family pictures taken. I was nervous I would feel sick and nauseous since our shoot was so early in the morning, but I actually felt fantastic. It was so nice to feel normal. Of course I crashed as soon as we got home, but it's nice to know that feeling normal again is possible! Also, our pictures are going to look so awesome. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

I got my nails done since we were getting pictures taken. I decided to go with a sparkly gold, and the lady doing my nails looked at me like I was crazy. She clarified a few times that that was actually the color I wanted. Then she almost had a heart attack when I considered adding another coat. Am I crazy? I feel like gold is super in right now. Plus, I feel like my nails looked way more sophisticated than half of the others colors being applied in the salon. I love them though, and I feel okay about that. (Also, I've been validated by Alex and my mom and my sister so I feel okay about that  too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment