Sunday, November 1, 2015

5 Weeks


How far along? 5 weeks!

How big is baby? The size of an orange seed. Another website said the size of a peppercorn.

Total weight gain/loss: The same. I'm surprised I haven't gained some bloat weight!

Maternity clothes: Not yet thankfully!

Sleep: When I do sleep, I sleep really well. I should be getting more, but it's hard since we just moved and I started a new job mid school year. Hopefully things settle down soon. I'm usually not a great napper, but pregnancy has already changed this. I've taken some amazing naps this week. I've also been soaking up my stomach sleeping. I know I won't be able to do that much longer and I'm actually super nervous for the adjustment.

Best moment this week: Scheduling my first doctors appointment! 

Movement: None yet.

Food cravings: Dairy and meat! I'm usually a big dairy person and I love milk-pregnancy has only intensified this. I easily went through an entire gallon of milk in a few days. (Milk actually sounds super wonderful right now, but I'm saving what's left for breakfast in the morning. I can do it!) Also, red meat! Mmmmm. We haven't been eating a lot of red meat for the past few years-we've mostly made the switch to turkey substitutes. All the red meats have been sounding amazing though: bacon, steak, hamburger, and more bacon. I want it all and turkey will just not cut it. Alex is loving this food craving.

Food Aversions: Nothing too extreme. Really sweet things are not that desirable right now. My sweet tooth has all but disappeared and I'm not complaining too much. I do need a chocolate fix during the 4:00 p.m. slump, but otherwise I'll usually pass on the really sweet foods. (Bring on the cheesy, salty snacks though.) I haven't developed a full on aversion to chicken yet, but it definitely has to be cooked the right way for me to eat it. We made orange chicken last Sunday and I could not eat the leftovers-it sounded so disgusting! But a different chicken dish this week was great. 

Gender prediction: Alex says boy, I say girl.

Pregnancy Symptoms: Still general fatigue, some bloating and water retention. I have poor circulation in my feet, and my ankles get swollen frequently. I'm expecting to have a big problem with my ankles during pregnancy. Usually if I stay consistent in drinking lemon water first thing every morning it doesn't get too bad. I also had my first bit of nausea this week. It hasn't been too intense-no throwing up thankfully! It's been the worst this past weekend. I think I overdid it on Saturday (trying to get caught up at work and situated from the move). Sunday there was someone who sat behind us in Sacrament meeting that smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and I couldn't handle that. I had to leave and go out into the foyer. It didn't help that I wasn't drinking my water and snacking. It was fast Sunday and I didn't want people to be suspicious! I learned my lesson though because church was rough.  

What I miss: I miss being open and honest with everyone. I know it sounds a little odd, but I wish I could just tell everyone our news! I know technically I could, but we've decided to wait and I do really want to stick to that. It's just so hard!

What I am looking forward to: Telling our extended family in person about the baby. Christmas can't come soon enough!

Upcoming appointments/events: Our first appointment is on November 24th! It's the day after Alex's birthday, so it should be an awesome birthday present. 

Milestones: I told the first non-family member about the pregnancy. I knew my really good friend Sarah was suspicious at church, and I was planning to tell her sometime next week, so I just told her. We are in Young Women's together and she is pregnant as well and told the YW President and me about her pregnancy really early. I realized how important it was that she did that because I can tell I'm going to need a lot of support in my calling these next couple of weeks. Plus, it'll be really nice to talk pregnancy/baby with someone who is going through the same thing! I can't wait for future play dates! 

Miscellaneous info: I chopped my hair. I've been thinking about cutting it for almost two years, and finally decided to do it. I was a little hesitant when I found out I was pregnant. I have no clue why being pregnant meant I couldn't cut it short, but it was super hard to make myself do it. If I didn't have work as a major factor (it won't take as long in the morning!) I don't think I would have done it. I really like how it turned out though! (Even if she gave me layers that I didn't ask for...)

It was Halloween this week. I couldn't help but think that by next Halloween we will have a four month old baby! This year Alex and I dressed up as Danny and Sandy from Grease. I felt like I could actually say I was Sandy with my shorter haircut. We spent the night with our friends the Hill's and went trick or treating with them. I can't wait to start doing things like that with our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment