Saturday, October 24, 2015

4 Weeks



We found out we were expecting on Saturday, October 24th! I was suspicious for a few days, but it was my first week at my new job and we were moving so I knew I could only deal with so many things at a time. Saturday morning I woke up around 7 am and took a pregnancy test. My heart was pounding like crazy. I didn't think I would be so nervous! I watched as the first line turned pink and had a moment of disappointment when the second line didn't appear immediately. (Come on, Megan, give it a minute!) But then I thought I saw something, so I kept watching it. There was a line, and it kept getting darker. I still didn't quite believe it though, so I walked into the bedroom and told Alex I needed him to come see if he could see two pink lines on the pregnancy test I'd just taken. He was a little groggy until I told him, "I think I'm pregnant..." He hopped up and went into the bathroom and by then the line was obviously there! 

Alex got super excited, but I was a little tired and in shock I think. I didn't know how to feel or what to think.  I was happy about this, right? We wanted this. I think I'm supposed to be happy but I'm a little freaked out... those were some of the thoughts spinning through my head. Alex and I talked in bed and processed everything for a while and then he had to leave for a meeting. 

The rest of our day was pretty normal. Alex had a deployment at work in the evening and I went to the ward Halloween party. I sat at a table with two pregnant women that are due in March and it was really hard not to say something during all the baby talk. 

Sunday we told our immediate families. Once we told them I felt super excited and happy! I think the announcement made it more real for me.

Everyone was super excited for us and it was fun to see/hear everyone's reactions. Everyone asked if we were serious. Apparently we are untrustworthy or something!

Alex predicted my mom would do her signature hand clasp, throw head back and say "yay" move. She totally did. Alex's mom threw her fists into the air. His dad got after us for not telling him the day before when we talked to him on the phone. Steevi took a couple of minutes to convince-we finally had to show her the pregnancy test to get her to believe us. Megan screamed on the phone. It was so awesome sharing our news and seeing how happy it made everyone.

We've decided not to tell our niece and nephews about the baby and let them open a present at Christmas to share the news. I can't wait to see Ella's reaction.

As far as some stats/details go:

My due date is June 30th. I am 4 weeks along and the baby is the size of a poppy seed.

I haven't had too many symptoms besides your typical early pregnancy symptoms (the same as PMS). I'm not sure how fatigued I am from pregnancy since this last week I woke up early for work and stayed up late moving. (Obviously I've been tired!) So far I feel pretty normal. If I think back on this week my appetite has been a little smaller than usual, and the last few evenings my stomach has been a little irritated. I think I might be a nausea in the evening person.

I feel like I'm constantly pinching myself to say "Yes, you really are pregnant." Hopefully as the weeks progress things will seem more real. We are really excited about this baby and are looking forward to the weeks ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment