Thursday, April 16, 2015

Easter 2015

We had a lovely Easter weekend. I always love it when General Conference falls on Easter, as I always feel the spirit so easily with prophets and apostles of God bearing testimony of the Savior and his Atonement! It truly is wonderful. Click here to watch the latest General Conference addresses. 

April is probably my favorite month in Texas, and I think it's fitting that Easter usually falls in it. The state flower, the blue bonnet, is in full bloom, as well as lots of other wildflowers. It's so beautiful to see the earth turn green and colorful again. Plus the temperature is usually pretty mild in the high 70's, low 80's with a light breeze. (Have I convinced you to come visit yet?)


We were lucky and had visitors over the long Easter weekend. My cousin and her family came from Houston. We took them to Lake Austin downtown to canoe on the river (don't ask me why they call it a lake). It was a lovely day, perfect for canoeing. We also played frisbee golf, went swimming, had a confetti egg hunt, dyed Easter eggs, watched conference, and ate yummy food. Alex and I even pulled off an Easter dinner all by ourselves. It was a nice, relaxing, wonderful weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment