Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Birthday 2015

I had a wonderful birthday thanks to family and friends! I already felt really spoiled from all the celebrating in Utah, but Alex and our Texas family had extra spoiling to do. My friends Amy and Robin took me to breakfast in the morning at Mimi's Cafe. I seriously have never had such a hard time ordering. Everything looked so good. I finally settled on waffles with strawberries and cream and they did not disappoint! 



After breakfast I had a good phone conversation with my mom and read lots of sweet birthday wishes from family and friends. I also had a good video chat with my cousin. I felt so loved all afternoon. I had a few hours before Alex got off work, so I took myself to see the new Cinderella movie. It was super cute and I thoroughly enjoyed eating bluebell ice cream and watching a cute movie.

After picking Alex up from work he took me shopping for my birthday present: cowgirl boots! I have been wanting boots since we moved to Texas, and I'm proud to say that I'm now a true Texan! I love them, and especially like how comfy they are.



Alex took me to dinner at the Melting Pot since I've been dying to try fondue. We really liked the experience and now we want to learn how to make our own fondue. We thought it was really yummy and fun. Alex had roses waiting for me at the table, and then while we were eating dessert we had another fun surprise: some complimentary bubbly! (It was non-alcoholic. We checked.) I now understand what people mean when they say certain wines compliment certain foods. Our blackberry pomegranate drink complimented the chocolate so well.



That night I also got some calls from more family members and then Alex gave me a massage. It was a fantastic day! Thanks to everyone who made me feel special!

A few nights later we had cake and ice cream with friends at our place. Alex told me not to, but I made my cake. (I just knew he didn't have time. He made the frosting though!) It was a homemade vanilla cake with butter cream frosting. Mmmm. It was so tasty. Alex especially loved it so I think it's a keeper.


And then my ward family made me feel special too by having a potluck lunch. I'm surrounded by so many wonderful people and so much kindness. I'm a lucky, lucky girl. (It must be that St. Patty's day birthday or something. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Megan! Looks like a perfect day! You are gorgeous in all these pics!!

    ReplyDelete