Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

I've been struggling to write our Thanksgiving post for a while. We did so many things over Thanksgiving and saw so many people I just wanted to do the trip justice!

We got to spend almost two weeks in Utah and it was so wonderful. We tried to see as many family and friends as we could, and while it was tiring it was totally worth it. Sorry to those of you we couldn't see. Hopefully we can catch you next time.

We really wanted to prioritize seeing both of our immediate families and our grandparents. We were lucky and got to have two Thanksgiving dinners! It was our turn to do Thanksgiving with Alex's family, but since our brother-in-law had to work Thanksgiving Day we moved the Hutchings dinner to Friday. We figured we'd take advantage of the situation and have Thanksgiving dinner with my Leavitt extended family on Thursday. Back to back Thanksgiving dinners = the best ever.

We were extra excited for Friday because we got to see our niece and nephews again! And meet our brand new baby nephew. We love living in Texas but we really miss our family. It was nice to spend a few days in St. George catching up, playing games, shopping, and snuggling with the baby. I also got to give my sweet nephew the blanket I made him. I think rag quilts are super cute and it was pretty easy to make. I love how it turned out. Alex also spent a day working on a secret project with his dad. We can't wait for Steevi to come home from her mission to see it!

One of my favorite parts of the trip was getting to visit with our grandparents. Moving out of state has really helped us realize how important our grandparent relationships are. It makes me so sad to see their health declining and I really treasure all the moments we get with them. I especially loved seeing my Grandpa Radmall's Christmas lights and decorations this trip. He always puts on quite a show!

And now some pictures for your viewing pleasure:












No comments:

Post a Comment