Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Texas Christmas Tree Farm

After we got home from Utah we went to the Elgin Christmas Tree farm to pick out a Christmas tree. We heard you could pick out and cut your own trees, and since we both love real trees, we decided to check it out. Some of my favorite Christmas memories are the ones where I went into the mountains with my family and cousins to chop down our Christmas trees. 

This tree farm was not quite what I was expecting. Texas pine trees look a little different than what I'm used to. Luckily they had shipped in some more traditional pine trees from North Carolina so we picked one of those. We didn't get to have a Christmas tree last year and I wasn't ready to get a Texas pine tree this year. They just aren't quite as good! I told Alex we'll get one some other year. 

We got a smaller tree so it would fit in the back seat of our car, and then we took it home and I decorated it while Alex was in Detroit for work. He told me I bought too many lights, but I love how it turned out. 




1 comment: