Saturday, December 6, 2014

Alex's Birthday

My favorite man turned 27 at the end of November. We celebrated all weekend, because his actual birthday was  a busy Sunday with church and a special Thanksgiving fireside. 

Friday night we invited friends over for cake and ice cream. I made this Pumpkin Spice Poke Cake. Alex has already requested it for next year. It was soooo yummy. 

Saturday my perfect plans were ruined by the rain that lasted all. day. long. Sheesh! I was going to take Alex to Six Flags Fiesta Texas and then to dinner in San Antonio. Instead we went to an indoor go kart track but had to wait several hours before we could race. While we waited we went to dinner at Z' Tejas and had some yummy southwestern food with a fudge pie for dessert. We finally got to race late at night. Alex loved and I... well, let's just say we probably shouldn't have bought a 3-race pass. 

On Sunday Alex got homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast in bed. He opened presents in the afternoon and then we had roast for dinner!

Despite his actual birthday being on Sunday (never my favorite) and the rain messing with my plans, I think it was a pretty successful birthday. Happy Birthday babe!









1 comment:

  1. That cake is AMAZING! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Looks like a fantastic birthday weekend! Happy bday to your prince charming!

    ReplyDelete