Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Birthday

My birthday this year was fantastic! Alex spoiled me all week and I got a wonderful birthday surprise-my mom came to visit! 

Her visit was much needed for me. I was really missing her (and everyone else in Utah) and it was nice to get some mom therapy and shopping rehab. She forced me to drive around the city and get more familiar with it. Those who know me well know that I don't like driving and I get a lot of anxiety driving new places. By the time she left I was feeling a lot more comfortable and was happy about the parks and shopping centers we found. 

Her first night in Austin we took her to Rudy's for some Texas barbecue. 


The first of Alex's big birthday plans was to check out SXSW. We went to this place playing live country music down on 6th street in Austin. It was definitely an interesting experience. I will probably never go to 6th street at SXSW again (it wasn't my kind of scene) and the music was way too loud. The future Speech-Language Pathologist in me just kept thinking that the volume was far too unsafe. BUT the place we went did have a mechanical bull and I had lots of fun watching Alex ride it.


The weekend before my birthday Alex told me to pack an overnight bag because we were going to an undisclosed location. Usually when he surprises me with things he cracks early and spills the beans. This time he didn't, even after we got in the car! I finally figured out where we were going (Houston), but I had no idea what we were doing there until we got there. Alex got us tickets to the Houston Rodeo. It was so great! I love a good rodeo. We also got to watch Keith Urban perform at the end of it.



We spent the night with my cousin Aubrey and her family, and the next day we went to the Houston zoo. It rained pretty good most of the time we were there, and even though we got soaked it ended up being the perfect time to go. The animals were super active and we had lots of fun watching them.



Sunday Alex and my mom made me a delicious dinner, and then they secretly invited some of our new friends over for cake and ice cream.


On Monday, my actual birthday, my mom and I spent the day shopping and then she treated Alex and me to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.



After dinner we came home and opened presents.


Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so great!

2 comments:

  1. You are the coolest people EVER! And you have the best clothes and are so beautiful Megan! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I loved meeting your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday Megan! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete