Monday, March 10, 2014

Driving to Texas

We left for Texas on New Years Day, and I will forever remember it as being one of the hardest and scariest days of my life, but exciting at the same time. We were in Central Utah for New Year's Eve, and left after having lunch with my family in Mt. Pleasant. We drove to Hurricane and met up with Alex's parents for dinner, and then continued on to Page, Arizona. I was disappointed that it was completely dark while we drove out of Utah. I felt like I didn't really get to say goodbye to the mountains properly. 

The next day we drove from Page to Roswell, New Mexico. The drive was long and the scenery boring. The picture below was the most interesting thing we had to look at all day.


We stayed in Roswell because it was a convenient bigger town to stop in, and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to see some aliens and UFOs! I was also able to check off my 34th visited state!



The last day was spent driving from Roswell to our new home! Despite the lack of scenery, we managed to have a pretty good time. We had plenty of snacks, good conversation, and Harry Potter #6 on audio to keep us occupied.

No comments:

Post a Comment