Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Well y'all...We're Moving!


Alex was offered an excellent job for his dream company in Austin and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Except in the beginning I kinda wanted to pass up the opportunity. I mean, I still had over a year of graduate school to finish, and there was no way I was just quitting. And  living apart for such an extended period of time was obviously no bueno. I was excited Alex got the job, but my first thought was, "There's no way it could work." And then...this thought that was definitely not my own popped into my head. What if Alex was able to start work a little later? And I somehow managed to do my last semester of school in Texas?

So the million and a half phone calls and emails began. Things started falling into place to make accepting the job a possibility, and then totally feasible. We've seen numerous miracles to make this move possible, but it has only come after a lot of hard work. Even with the miracles, we've had numerous road bumps and frustrations, and things with school aren't totally worked out yet. But moving to Texas still feels like the right thing to do, so I have faith everything will work out.

What we have figured out is this: I will spend the last part of fall semester living with my family and Alex will spend the first two months of his job flying out to Utah for the holidays. I will join Alex after Christmas and complete my two internships and an online class in Texas and then fly back to Utah for graduation in May.

We definitely aren't excited about the whole living apart thing, but staying in school and accepting the job both feel like the right thing to do. We've learned that doing what you feel is right is sometimes really, really hard. BUT I know doing what is right is worth it.

We are very excited for this new adventure! The best part of this new location? Alex gets to return to his mission! He served as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and spent six months living in Austin.

4 comments:

  1. That is sooo exciting Megan!! We need to catch up! Let's go to dinner before you guys go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's totally exciting, and I think you guys will love it! I can't wait to come visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All kinds of exciting!! So glad we're not the only ones living on leaps of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete