Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Jackson Hole, Grand Teton & Jenny Lake

For our Leavitt family summer vacation (I'm a little behind, sorry), we decided to visit Yellowstone and go camping. It's been a while since my family has been. I only remember a few things, Allison remembers none. And, Alex has never been, so we decided to build some memories that would last.

We stopped our first night in Jackson Hole to stretch our legs and grab some dinner. I've heard good things about the food there, but was super disappointed with our choice in a restaurant. The service was poor, there were multiple unsatisfied customers (one was very vocal), and the food was okay, but nothing special. I think where we went wrong is choosing a restaurant/bakery. Maybe they focus more on the baking than the dining? My first clue should have been when they told me their most popular dish was a quesadilla, not their burgers and sandwiches. Plus they had NO FRIES! 


After dinner we drove through Grand Teton National Park. Those mountains are so rugged and beautiful! We stayed there the first night (in a hotel) to enjoy our last bit of civilization for a few days.



Before we went to bed though, we visited Jenny Lake, one of the most picturesque places I have been. If we had stopped there to spend our vacation I would have been a happy camper. The lake, mountains, and trees were seriously amazing.




Aren't my parents cute?

More Leavitt family vacation posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. Ah you guys are so cute! And those mountains do look amazing. I don't think I've seen anything like them...

    ReplyDelete