Friday, June 7, 2013

Disneyland

We had an amazing time in Disneyland! We went with my cousin Stacey and her husband Tim and had a blast traveling with them. I was the only member of the crew who had been to Disneyland before and actually remembered it, so I was the tour guide for the week.

We spent our first day in Disneyland. I led them straight to Tomorrowland and grabbed our fast passes for Space Mountain. It was our second ride, and I have to say the excitement/laughing I heard from Alex was one of my favorite moments of the trip. We spent our first day trying to hit as many rides as we could. Everyone really seemed to like New Orleans Square, so we made dinner reservations for a restaurant there that night. I had my first bowl of gumbo and boy was it yummy! I think I'm up for a trip to New Orleans sometime. We finished the day by meeting up with Alex's aunt, uncle, and cousins (they happened to be there at the same time!) for the parade.








We spent our second day in California Adventure. I think the others liked this park a little better than the other. I will always like Disneyland best though-I have so many fun memories there from my childhood! The boys loved the roller coaster, I loved Tower of Terror, and we all really enjoyed the new Cars Land! All three rides there are fantastic! Even the kid rides were super fun. We ate dinner that night at Flo's Cafe, watched the Pixar parade, and then headed to see World of Color. That experience was a first for all of us and I LOVED IT! It was beautiful.











We spent our last day hopping back and forth between both parks hitting all the things we didn't get around to the first two days. I experienced another Disneyland first and had a Dole Whip. Yum! One of my favorite rides had been closed, but luckily opened back up our last day and I got to take Alex on Indiana Jones! He loved it. For dinner that night, I recommended the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue. I remember going there to eat as a kid, and really liking it. We loved dinner! Our server was super fun and we enjoyed the live entertainment. After dinner we ended our trip with my all time favorite ride-Peter Pan!






And of course, we couldn't leave without saying hi to Mickey!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip Megan! Makes me want to go to Disneyland right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete