Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Re-live the Magic

For all you Harry Potter fans out there, I have to share a discovery I made.

You can re-live the magic and excitement of Harry Potter by listening to the audio recording of the books! They are read by Jim Dale, and he seriously does a fantastic job. He's 'the voice' of the Harry Potter franchise. If you've ever watched any of the extra features on the movies, he's the same guy.

I used to be a major skeptic of the whole audio book thing. I mean, reading the book yourself is way better right? But when I started taking public transportation years ago, and being prone to car sickness, I started checking out  audio books from the library to listen to on my ipod as I traveled to school. And I learned that I really enjoyed it!

If you're anything like me, you have a huge list of books you want to read, but you also have a list of books you really liked and want to read again. So I check out audio books for books that I want to re-read, and choose to read new books the old fashioned way. It works out perfectly!

While browsing the audio book section at the library a while back I noticed the cover of one of the Harry Potter books. Obviously it brought a huge smile to my face. I love the books and have read them over and over since I was 11. I figured it was time for a re-read since it had been a while, and decided to give the audio book version a try. Guys, it was seriously amazing! It's so different to listen to the story. Jim Dale is a master at using different voices for each character and the story came alive for me in a new way!

I just finished the the 7th book this morning, and I had the 'I'm super sad because it's over' feeling that I experienced after I read book seven for the first time and after the I watched the last movie.

So, long story short, if you want to re-live the magic of Harry Potter, give the audio books a try!

1 comment: