Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year

Alex and I celebrated the beginning of the new year with my extended Leavitt family at the 'Big House'. I always love to get together with my extended family. I just think they are the greatest. We ate lots of yummy food, visited, played games and crafted. We also got ready to send two of my favorite people off on some grand adventures. My cousin Lindy is leaving in just two weeks for the MTC to serve a mission for our church and my cousin Annie is off to Italy on a culinary internship.

I will especially miss my Lindy as I won't get to see for 18 months! She is one of my best friends and I love her a lot!


On New Years day, Alex and I drove to his sister Megan's house to spend some time with her family. The kids were sick, which was very sad, but we still managed to have a fun time. Alex and Andrew left for a while to do 'boy stuff', and I stayed inside and played games with the girls. While we were there, I participated in my first game of Settlers of Catan. To be honest I've never really understood why people think that game is so great, but I have to admit I really liked it! My favorite part was just getting to chat with Megan. If we lived closer we might have way too much fun and spend way too much money at the craft store. I finally convinced her to get a Pinterest account so now we can at least brainstorm from a distance.

It was a great holiday and we hope you all enjoyed your New Years celebrations too!

No comments:

Post a Comment