Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving

We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to St. George to spend the weekend with Alex's family. It was fun to be with almost all of the family-Megan and Andrew just need to get on the right schedule so we can have Thanksgiving with them too. (Hint, hint.) 

The food was delicious, as my mother-in-law is a fantastic cook. I can't believe she orchestrated the cooking of all the food. I'm used to multiple families pitching in to a Thanksgiving meal using different kitchens, so to see her do it all in one kitchen was quite amazing to me.

Alex and I were assigned to make the pecan pie, which we agree is the very best! Alex found a new recipe online that doesn't use any corn syrup. I was skeptical. Very, very, skeptical. You just don't mess with pecan pie! But he really wanted to try, so we made our pecan pie sans corn syrup. And you know, it actually wasn't half bad. I still prefer the texture of the corn syrup though... 

Enjoy some pictures of our Thanksgiving crew!





No comments:

Post a Comment