Saturday, December 22, 2012

MoTab Christmas Concert

My family was extra lucky this year and got eight tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert! That meant my whole family could go and three lucky strangers in the stand by line got a guaranteed seat for the concert. That was probably the best part of the night-we totally made those three strangers' day. I noticed one of them pulling up facebook on their phone to post about it.

The concert was amazing and very touching. Tom Brokaw was a guest and told the inspirational story of the candy bomber who formulated the idea and instigated dropping candy from planes to children in Germany after the war. It was such a beautiful story and I cried through the whole thing. They dropped little parachutes of candy from the ceiling into the audience even. And then, get this... they brought out the candy bomber. The actual guy-in his original uniform and everything. It was crazy how fast the audience was on their feet. It made me so proud to be an American. The music was beautiful and it was just a great concert.

Sadly, I left my camera in the car so... no pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment