Thursday, October 18, 2012

This Is Not My Week

This week back at school has not been very nice to me.

Sunday during nursery I did something to my back. I have no idea what I did. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary-I played with kids on the floor and handed out snacks. And while I did pick up some kids, let's be honest, 18-month-old children are not that heavy. The pain started out pretty minor, just a small irritation. And then it got worse, and worse, and worse. By the end of nursery I was doing everything I could not to cry. When one little girl wanted to be held, it was excruciating to pick her up, and I had to hand her off to Alex. I couldn't even hold a tiny 15-month-old (we're nice and let kids in early). By the time we sent the last kid out the door I let the waterworks loose. It hurt so bad to move. I felt like an old grandma as Alex helped me out to the car.

Let's just say that the rest of the day was not very exciting. It hurt so bad to move. I was on two different types of pain medication just to keep the pain bearable. Alex was such a sweet husband. He watched a movie with me, made a rice pack out of a pair of his socks, and rubbed my back.

Yesterday the pain was finally pretty much gone. But man it was not a fun couple of days. Sitting in class for three hours at a time was really rough.

Unfortunately, the back pain was replaced by food poisoning. Yesterday I must have eaten some bad leftovers because my best friend became the bathroom. My stomach ached all day, which wasn't good since I had a test today.

Again, Alex gets an award for being the best husband ever. He brought me home some Sprite to settle my tummy, and he got me a super cute fall decoration to cheer me up. I've been really into candles lately, and he picked up some leaf candle holders and candles in my favorite scents! I just love my husband.


I woke up this morning feeling horrible still, so I skipped out on my first class and barely made it to the U in time to take my test. I'm not too hopeful for a good score. Luckily the lunch I ate before the test settled just fine. I think my stomach is finally on the mend.

Also... before I left for my test the permanent bar on the back of my two front teeth broke. It flipped around and kept poking my tongue and was basically just really annoying. I fiddled with it enough that the big loose piece broke off, but it's still kind of pokey. I can't get in to the orthodontist until Wednesday morning and it's driving me crazy! We made a run to Wal-mart to get some dental wax, so hopefully that'll work okay.

Anyway, here's to hoping nothing else happens this week. I just don't have the time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment