Monday, October 8, 2012

A Very Happy Weekend

Alex and I had a very fun and happy weekend. I hope you did too. We had the opportunity to listen to a living prophet and apostles speak to us at the semi-annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We were especially happy and excited about the missionary announcement! Now young men can serve at 18, and young women can serve at 19.

If you would like to watch General Conference, click here. You won't regret it, I promise.

Saturday afternoon the Mr. and I worked on a project (to be revealed in a few months) that I am so excited about. Half of the reason I'm so excited about it is because Alex came up with the idea all on his own. He is so sweet and thoughtful.

Another activity that made me happy was our 'girls night' outing on Saturday night with my mom, Allison, and my cousin Annie while the men went to the Priesthood session of General Conference. (You seriously should watch it.) We went to Hobby Lobby, (insert angelic choirs). I love love love that store. You can't go in that store and not be happy. There are so many potential crafts and decorations.  I found the perfect materials for another secret project I'm working on, and saw a million other things that I want to buy and create.

Sunday my whole family went to visit my Grandma & Grandpa Leavitt to watch the last session of General Conference with them. (Click the link!) My Aunt & Uncle and their adorable little girls came out too and we ate good food, visited, and were thoroughly entertained by the girls.

And the last piece of happy news this weekend-I don't have school this entire week! After five long years I finally get a fall break. It won't be so much of a break as an opportunity to finally catch up on all of my reading, but I am going to have a little fun today with my mom and Annie. We're going to Gardner Village. :) The witches are out!


1 comment:

  1. You HAVE to take me to hobby lobby sometime! I've NEVER been! :)

    ReplyDelete