Sunday, August 19, 2012

Settling

Alex and I have been trying to get settled since we got back from our honeymoon. We've been successful, it's just been a little slow in the completion process.  We were delayed a little by the open house in southern Utah, but it was so worth it. I was glad to be back though, because it meant we were finally able to start putting things away! That realization made my heart sing-all the clutter has been driving me crazy. The settling was also halted a little while Alex and I house-sat/pet-sat for my family while they went on vacation. Sure we didn't get as much done, but how can you say no to watching this face for a week?


Sierra has always liked me least of the Leavitt four, but while they were all gone she was glued to my side. Self-esteem boost, right? Who doesn't like being loved? We had a grand time going on hikes, taking care of the garden, and going through my room being a bum. I was a little sad that we had to leave her at the end of the week.

Saturday we had a birthday picnic with some of the extended Leavitt clan for my wonderful mother and cousin Amanda. My mom turned 50 23 with 27 years of experience, and was presented with a beautiful quilt made by the extended family. She was so touched she cried. Amanda made the exciting announcement that she's expecting the first Leavitt great-grand-baby around April. We are so excited for her and her hubby Jason.

After the picnic, my parents thanked Alex and I for our 'sitting' service by being ginormous help in our settling. My mom came to the apartment and helped me wash, put away, and shop. My dad provided a location and some man power to help Alex change the transmission in his truck.

Our one settling success this weekend was into our new ward as Nursery Leaders Workers.

Of course, did I take pictures of any of this? No. Resolution for the new school year un-related to school: take more pictures!

Also, I start graduate school tomorrow. No big deal....*EXCEPT IT'S A HUGE DEAL AND I AM THE BOMB DOT COM FOR GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL AND I AM GOING TO ROCK THEIR SOCKS OFF CAUSE I AM SO COOL!

* Alex 

1 comment: